When seeking the services of a Mediator:
- Connect with the mediator to discuss your situation.
- Ensure the mediator is a designated Qualified Mediator with relevant training and experience.
- Ensure you and the other party are comfortable with the mediator you are wanting to hire.
- Request a quote from the mediator, if necessary.
- Both parties sign a contract to mediate and provide a retainer to the mediator.
- Then the mediation process begins.
See “What is the Process of a Mediation? regarding the the steps involved in the overall process.